Dear Valued Guest,
Over the last 28 years, The Globe Restaurant has proudly served the local community around Rosemont. In 2016, owners Beth Hunt and David McCracken made the difficult decision to sell The Globe in the hopes of finding a buyer who would bring it into the 21st century without losing its charm. To update a 200 year old building to today's code is no small feat but as new owners we rose to the challenge. Having recently undertaken a similar project with the historic Rosemont General store, we understand the hard work involved and the great pride that comes with restoring a community landmark for all to enjoy.
We started The Globe Restaurant restorations towards the end of September. We decided to move quickly before winter set in so a lot of the exterior improvements could be done; other parts of the restoration would be done in stages. The original owner Beth has stayed on with us.
Here is a brief list of the completed improvements
- Improved parking and pathways;
- New wheelchair accessibility;
- Modern redesigned washrooms;
- Improved emergency exit access;
- All new thermal-paned windows;
- Revised ground floor layout with improved view of the beautiful old stone fireplace;
- Upgraded bar station and enhanced wine selection;
- The upper level room has been completely re-decorated and a new fireplace added.
Phase II of the renovation will include
- The addition of a new sound system;
- Showcasing art from local Canadian artists;
- Landscaping, fencing, and gardens;
- Total redesign and upgrade of kitchen facilities – inclusive of a new Rotisol oven!
We hope that with this investment we will be able to serve you better for many years to come.
We will continue to keep you informed of our progress as we move forward. Please continue to send us your feedback and suggestions so that we may continue to improve.
We greatly appreciate your support,
Janice and Earle O'Born